View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 02:38 AM   #72 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomodded View Post
I'm still suspicious of the tire, your "axle" / hub may be vibrating in response to a bruised tire. pump the air up in that tire to 44 psi and take it for a ride if it does nothing the tire is not badly bruised if it gets worst you found the bad tire that it causing other worn parts to vibrate. If the shimmy got way worst after 44 psi like you said previously then its a tire causing the vibration.

Did you ever do a air pressure check to single out a tire ?
Lets start from the top.

I got the axle changed, the shimmy went down a lot and seems to disappear a lot more now, but it's still there.

Yes I did the tire inflation thingy but didn't notice any changes, I have a feeling there is more then 1 bad tire.

Now with that being said, the Axle was definitely bad. I could push the axle side to side and it had a lot of play before they changed it, once they put the new one on, it was rock solid and had barely and play in it. So yea. I do have a feeling it's a tire because I can feel a 'bump bump bump', which I cannot believe I didn't effing notice before, when I'm going between 1-10mph... I'm going to take it down and get a set of used tires for cheap tomorrow morning.