View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 02:47 AM   #38 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnemy View Post
So let me get this straight, you sold him a car for $250, that was obviously in a recent wreck?

And he has the Gaul to think he has a chance at suing you?

Signs that a headgasket has blown, milky foam in the oil, you will see it on the dipstick.
White smoke out the tailpipe.
Stuff floating on top of the coolant in the radiator.
If you pull the radiator cap and rev the engine coolant and/or bubbles come out.

We looked at an old mustang once, first red flag of serious problems were the 3 gallons of coolant in the back seat. Second red flag was the odd clicking noise coming from the right bank. Third red flag was she admitted that it had been overheating.

I pulled the radiator cap, reved the engine slightly and had coolant shoot 2 feet into the air. Now drenched in coolant I told the owner that they had a boat anchor and walked away. I suspect it had a cracked cylinder wall.
Wow, thanks for this advice... I'm not sure if I already stated this, but I drove the car for 150 miles after the accident. Around town, on the freeway quite a bit, just normal running around stuff. Never overheated, no white smoke, no weird substance in the radiator reservoir... It ran beautifully up to the day I sold it. Anyway, what I think, if they try to sue me, is going to try to sue me on the fact I sold it to them without a smog cert. This is what I'm really worried about but, at the same time, the title says I sold it to them for 250$ so, yea.

Oh I forgot to mention, I had just driven it over 20 miles the day before, when it was over 100F outside and I had the A/C on. No overheating. No other weird sounds/problems, with a blown head-gasket is that even possible?