View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #40 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Perhaps the thermostat was stuck closed. Was it ever replaced? That's the most likely component to fail when you have a cooling system issue (too hot or too cold). That'd blow radiator hoses and possibly the head gasket.

It's not your job to prove you didn't know; it would be his job to prove that you did know, which is impossible unless he has a tape recording of you saying it has a bad head gasket.

As others have said, it's a likely a scam. Even if the guy did blow the head gasket, he's bluffing about suing. Even if he sued, the case would be dismissed because he is asking for more than the stated value of the car ($250).

If the guys is anything like my cousin, he can find a way to destroy even the best running vehicle. Maybe he ran it wide open throttle with the AC on to see what the "new" car can do, and then drove it into the ground.
Yea they still haven't responded since I told them I have witnesses that they agreed to take care of the smog, and knew the car was salvaged, AND the car was in good running condition when I sold it.