View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cletus
EcoModding Lurker

Hey guys the article IS up and linked and the car was really interesting. I also made a video which can be found here:

I tried to answer most of your questions in the article but I'll answer more things you asked here:

Are there any aero differences between the 3 cyl and the 4 cyl: Nope. No changes to the body at all for the EcoBoost engine.

Does the 3 cyl have different gearing thanthe 4 cyl: Yes it does! The engine comes with a five-speed manual only and first is very short, second through fourth feel normal and fifth is really REALLY tall.

Does the turbo engine have stop/start capability: No, and there are no plans for it as of yet. (No answer on if the UK version is the same but I believe not)

Any fuel economy gauges: If there are any, they were hidden too well for me to find them. i couldn't find a fuel economy readout in any form. So sadly, I'm unable to tell you more than that I burned a half tank of gas over the course of 5 hours of VERY hard driving.

What sales are projected for the three cyl: 20% of Fiestas are sold with manuals and Ford expects 75% of that 20% to be the EcoBoost three.

Does the engine use a dual mass flywheel: Yes and boy is it HEAVY. The revs take forever to fall because of it.

If you have any other questions on what it's like to drive, please let me know!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (05-23-2014)