View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #33 (permalink)
sheepdog 44

Maybe LED street lights would be better.

There is waste in every part of the stream of consumerism. I mean really, it's cheaper to ship 90% of items from China than make it in America? Some items get shipped from Virginia, to distribution centers in Illinois, and reshipped to the Northeast.

Do you think buying green is enough? Some green items will be wrapped in plastic, double boxed, or placed in over sized boxes with 50% empty space. The carbon emissions along the whole chain is astounding.

What do you think happens when you return a futon, boxed furniture, or lawn and garden canopies, glass tables and furniture? A return credit assessment is made that determines if it gets shipped back to the vendor. Even if the store gets credit for it or not, 80% of those items get hacked to pieces and thrown down the garbage chute. Was the item really defective, or are Americans not smart enough to assemble what the Chinese build?

We had an ordering debacle for two months where every two weeks i would end up throwing away 40 pounds of expired bacon and two dozen cartons of a dozen eggs. It'll make you cry to see such waste.