View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
coachgeo
EcoModding Lurker

Tribota Tiger (Kubota 3-cyl diesel motorbike project)

Yup you got it right. Triumph Tiger (steamer) Motorcycle with a Kubota 3cyl Diesel.

Can't believe that as long as I've read things here occasionally and been on other Alt. Fuel boards...... I never actually registered here. My bad and I apologize.

Am a Unimog nut (but sadly no longer own one) Had Alt fuel interest since around 1979; granted lost my way for a decade or so in there somewhere but eventually rolled back around to it. Use to run my dieselized 404 Unimog on WVO.

To go with the original plan to rebuild the Mog into an Expedition Camper I settled on building a Diesel Motorcycle too. That and many many dreams and hopes died in the last economic crunch EXCEPT somehow held onto my dignity and the Diesel Bike project.

Now that Im back to mucking my way thru the world employed steadily for the last 1.5 years things are well....... rolling again. My Diesel Tiger Will be finished sometime this summer. Will enjoy getting around 100mpg.

Hope to build a plastics distiller as well. Convert trash plastic to diesel. Been saving plastic stuff for about a year now. Why plastic? Getting way to hard to find WVO these days is why I'm leaning that direction.

My 231,000 miles VW diesel runs strong averaging 41mpg but everything on the car around the engine is falling apart. Hoping to replace it with an Elio.

Last edited by coachgeo; 05-24-2014 at 04:33 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to coachgeo For This Useful Post:
niky (05-26-2014)