View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 08:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD~ View Post
I tried doing a pump-powered mister system to emulate a swamp cooler effect in my car (dry climate area). Though misting decently, it just didn't do much. I think I needed a higher PSI pump and maybe to relocate the mister itself to give it more path to absorb into the air.
You might know in Brazil swamp-coolers are popular among truckers, and are usually mounted in the roof of the vehicle. Nowadays there are some low-profile models which don't decrease the aerodynamics so badly. And, unlike a regular air-conditioneer, a swamp-cooler works better when there is a higher air flow thru the cab, no wonder many users get weathershields to keep the windows a little open while using the swamp-coolers.
workaround ideas to discuss among friends: Evaporative cooling: a low-budget yet energy-efficient way to improve thermal comfort in motor vehicles

workaround ideas to discuss among friends: Why to get a swamp-cooler in a truck?

Anyway, since your car already has a hole in the roof, it might be even easier to adapt a swamp-cooler

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
ecoTex (05-24-2014), mikeyjd (05-25-2014)