View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #38 (permalink)
kurt
EcoModding Lurker

I have a Blackjack Zero (BJZ) that came with a small polycarbonate snap on windshield. It sounds cheesy, but actually worked and looked very good. I wanted a roof for the car so I needed a permanent front windshield to mount it to. The BJZ is very small. I spent 2 years to decide to best course of action since I only needed one. Issues like price, availability, fit, weight, etc. were very important to me. I decided to cut an existing manufactured windshield down to my needed size. I was able to do it in my garage for a total cost of $1,323 and weight of 17 pounds. This includes the tooling I needed to buy. My case is somewhat different than yours, but many of the same issues are there. I am not able to submit links due to I have less than 5 posts in this forum. You will need to do it the old fashioned way and go to Facebook and search Blackjack Zero. My site will pop up. You will find a windshield photo album with about 100 pictures in it. You will also find the procedure for this project in the "Notes" section. There is a lot more stuff on the site if you want to learn about other things.