View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 11:07 PM   #276 (permalink)
hyper-miler
EcoModding Lurker

Hyosung - '07 Hyosung gt250r
90 day: 55.49 mpg (US)

Burgman - '07 Burgman 650 k7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
It seems like you are getting ahead of yourself and not taking advantage of the vast discussion that has taken place in various threads here on streamlining a motorcycle and performance in side winds. Vetter tried putting sides on his bike and took them back off when it was found to make a problem with directional control.
First of all I admire the huge gas mileage gains you are getting on your cbr250, and follow you on fuelly (fuelly link below), but after riding the hyosung gt250r in a tucked position I believe that streamling is superior to staying in a tuck.
My plan was to join the windshield and top portion similar to bmw c3. From the large sidewind deflection I am getting with the tail I believe something will have to be done about it when fully enclosed (eg.create a side angle not a flat fully vertical door.)

The real problem with our designs which Vetter & Alan are finally figuring out is the rider sits too high. So in Alans' new design he is extending the frame and dropping the seat down which will greatly reduce the side winds as well.

Note on the Monotracer above there is a pointed center on the sides coming out of the body, I believe this is critical to eliminating side wind tendency. This is what caused Vetters problems. I will utilize this design when fully enclosing it.

Last edited by hyper-miler; 05-29-2014 at 11:17 PM..