Thread: Aeromods V1.0
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
On the Vibe flat plastic would have worked out just as well, however this bumper has a slight curve to it that just lined up perfectly with the Vibe's lines, funny part it, the right side of the bumper is the left side of the grille and vice versa. This epoxy is plastic, it is made to bond 2 different types of plastic together, is sandable and hardens just like plastic, so it flexes too.

It is expensive, the tube set cost me $50.00 and I about used all of it on the grille. It also has a set time of under 2 minutes, so you need to work really fast or else.

Just as a note to you guys I did not cover the original grille, the inlays I used fit just inside the holes after removing the plastic ones, so it sat flush with the bumper, minimizing the amount of prep work I needed to do. It's just amazing how different it looks once primered.

The fogs may be more challenging, but I will know for sure when I start it again on Tuesday.

All I can say about it is this ... These past 2 days I have had to run without EOC because of a dying battery, so despite idling and neutral coasting I am achieving the same numbers now as when I was EOCing, so I will go out on a limb and say it is working better than the previous version I had on there.

I'll know for sure in a couple of tanks.

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???