View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 07:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
davelobi
EcoModding Apprentice

CRX - '91 Honda CRX HF
Last 3: 63.1 mpg (US)

the ugly one - '97 saturn SL just sl,not sl1 or 2
Team Saturn
90 day: 44.15 mpg (US)

Vibe - '07 Pontiac Vibe
Team Pontiac
90 day: 44.24 mpg (US)

Hoopdie - '05 Toyota Corolla CE
90 day: 42.58 mpg (US)
1997 Civic HX (Michigan)

Thought I'd offer it here where the lean-burn would be appreciated before hitting craigslist.
1997 Civic 5 speed coupe HX with 250k.
HX alloys, egr, 5 wire o2, D16Y5, unmolested.
I looked for a long time to find an affordable HX and finally did. This one came with work needed. Alternator, and front end sheet metal. Drivers front corner bumped but no big damage. Didn't even bend radiator core support or bumper structure. Passenger front fender had a small, previous, dent so I decided to replace it as well. I have hood and bumper cover from salvage yard and ordered brand new headlights and front fenders. Why would I give up this gas sipper? I'm always on the prowl for high fuel economy cars and have a bunch of kids. The biggest, good gas mileage vehicle I know of it the Vibe/Matrix with the 1.8L Toyota engine and 5-speed. I finally found one at an affordable price. Needed engine work and a new clutch but the price was right. My wife thinks I'm nuts. I was so happy to find an HX and told her about how great of gas mileage I'd be getting with it then bought the Vibe before I was even done fixing the Honda.
I'm scheduled for an 8 day fishing trip in Canada starting june 7th. I won't have time to get the hood/bumper, fenders painted before that. If someone wants to buy it complete but not painted to match $1400. I can have the paint work done for about $400 (more) if you want to wait for it. Both rear weel wells are starting to get the cancer but that will not be addressed at this time because I'll be bringing just my front end parts to the shop for paint.
Sorry for the sad picture, it is all I have in my phone at this time. Here she is coming home. I'll get some more this afternoon.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xxxHX.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	15115