View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 01:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
serialk11r
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Is there anything similar for the front brakes? Don't those receive a majority of the braking force? I ask this because I have gone over the handlebars of my bike...
Let me take a look right now...The front indeed does have a hole too! Except here the fender is completely closed off, and it's a hole in the wheel spat itself. However the location of the hole is conveniently in a place where it allows air to hit the brakes too.

I went and groped some other cars too and found nothing of the sort. I'm almost waiting for some kind of press statement about the 2014 Corolla's track readiness lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
If you're fully-loaded,in the summer, and descending a long,steep mountain downgrade pass,as from Leadville,Colorado,you want everything going in your favor.
I suppose the Corolla doesn't come in manual transmission anymore so this might be a necessary feature. But that said, I looked at a parked Porsche and it doesn't have said rear brake cooling channel, despite having a lot of weight over the rear, and being designed to be nearly track ready from the factory.