View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 05:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
SplatSTi
EcoModding Lurker

the white one - '13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Hatch
Yes, there is an increase of mpg when you go stage 1 OTS. Infact in comes in quite handy when your out of town and they dont have 93 oct, you can switch to a 91 oct map and just keep going. Now The last time this happened to me, I averaged 26mpg highway with 2 of us in the car fully loaded. I was quite happy about the mpg on that trip. Now that price is for the new Cobb Access port, if you look around, people are selling the previous gen much cheaper you just need to make sure its unmarried because if its married to the original car it will be absolutely useless to you.

Now as for HP differences etc. ( keep in mind this is a VERY LOW reading Dyno, Ive seen 700hp cars dyno at 580 on this one)

This is a dyno graph we did on testing every option with the accessport.

Stock with I
Stock with S
Stock with S#
Stage 1 W/93 & I
Stage 1 w/93 & S
Stage 1 w/93 & S#
Custom Stage 1 for DAVCS w/93 I
Custom Stage 1 for DAVCS w/93 S
Custom Stage 1 for DAVCS w/93 S#

IMAG0099 by SplatSTi, on Flickr

Now as for the 5 and 6th gear swap, its not just the gears you have to buy, it will be the syncro's, bearings and washers etc. In order to get those gears out you destroy other parts, there is no way to save them, you need to replace them. All up I think parts were around $600. Then you need to buy gearbox oil, and then you need to pay labor to get it done. Now you can save yourself some by taking the gearbox out if your comfortable doing that, I just let them do it. I know in total it cost me around $1500.

You will have to do your homework to find out exactly which parts you need, Im sure somebody has a list somewhere, Im just glad Turn in Concepts knows what the heck they are doing, they have done this swap many times. They did it on my 05 STi as well.

Last edited by SplatSTi; 06-05-2014 at 05:56 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to SplatSTi For This Useful Post:
jedi_sol (06-05-2014)