View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 02:31 AM   #29 (permalink)
vrmouseyd15b
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
That is the head exactly. And the ecu.

Look up vrmousey on YouTube for a general "lean burn explanation" of this ecu (37820 p2j-j62)

the trick with this setup is that it's a cvt ecu, and you run a manual tranny. This model ecu is supposed to have a separate traction control module, but it doesn't really need it except for the power/econo/whatever switch. It has outputs for both stages of vtec and supports lean burn (I've run it up to about 3300 rpm's in lean burn). It has a lean burn indicator light (switched ground from a30 I believe)
and I explain the vtec pins in the video:
Lean burn - YouTube

this is a quick walk around. I've moved the iac into the cab now. That's the other trick. I'm running a 3 wire iac remotely. That keeps the check engine light away. Check engine light means no lean burn. No lean burn on a cold motor either.

For the ecomodders! - YouTube

I just adjusted my idle to about 900 rpm's no load, Tps adjusted to .5 volt, 4.5 volt wot, and slightly retarded timing.

EDIT: Ijust broke 43mpg's with my 4 door lx and lx manual tranny! Tranny case is all blasted naked now, pinion separated. that case goes to work with jarrod tomorrow for powdercoat and i'm stuck waiting for parts for lsd and bearing kit

Last edited by vrmouseyd15b; 06-08-2014 at 12:44 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to vrmouseyd15b For This Useful Post:
mbolton1990 (06-08-2014)