View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 04:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
I was gonna suggest keeping the truck until I saw your post haha.

Anyway, I would go with a Civic LX or maybe a newer Toyota Camry. My 2.2l 95 Camry I had hauled ass when I put my foot down, all I had on it was a cold air intake (sounded 'cool') and I loved slamming that thing around once in a great while for the lolz. I would note though, I don't think you are going to find anything that will have decent towing capacity and get 35mpg. Just saying. Your going to have to pick one of the 2. Decent towing capacity, or mpg. Because anything that's going to have a frame strong enough to tow, isn't going to be light which means -mpg. Hell the 2010 Camry that has a 2.5L engine is only rated for 1,000, while my dads old 2000 Toyota Tacoma 2.4L can tow 3500LBS. So like I said, low mpg and good towing capacity, or high mpg and little to no tow capacity. There might be sedans out there that can do both, but none that I am aware of.

Unless you don't want to tow more then 1,500lbs, because the newer corolla's can tow up to 1,500lbs (could probably do 2k if you wanted as long as the trailer has brakes and your not going to far) and gets well over 40mpg when driven correctly.