View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 07:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I walk in to McDonald's
I found your problem!

McDonald's also might taste better and be cheaper if homicidal robots made the orders.

One of my professors taught us Miller's Magic Number, that on average, humans can remember 7 ± 2 items. I e-mailed the professor that to completely disprove her theory:

Quote:
All that you need to do is go to a fast food restaurant and see how much they remember when you order!
She responded:

Quote:
And, oh yes, the magic number for a typical McDonald’s employee is 2 + 2.
Regarding Seattle's minimum wage, I remember posting on here that my [then] girlfriend was a shift leader at a fast food place. I did the numbers on how much they made in a day, how much they paid in wages, and how much they would need to raise their prices.

As I recall, to increase the wage to $10 hourly (40%), they would need to raise their prices 7% to break even.

Then-girlfriend was always complaining about her high-school coworkers who stole, just did not show up for work, refused to do their duties, etc.

If five business expenses go up seven percent each, your total increases forty percent (1.07^5=1.40255). What other increases would you see as your suppliers, etc, also need to increase their wages?

2/.4 * 1.07 = 1.175; Double the wages and you need to raise your price 17.5%?