View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #38 (permalink)
101Volts
Master EcoModder

Woody - '90 Mercury Grand Marquis Wagon LS
Last 3: 19.57 mpg (US)

Brick - '99 Chevrolet K2500 Suburban LS
Last 3: 12.94 mpg (US)

M. C. - '01 Chevrolet Impala Base
90 day: 17.09 mpg (US)

R. J. - '05 Ford Explorer 4wd
90 day: 16.66 mpg (US)
How can the engine be leaned out? The Idle is lower than it was earlier (It was high, But not when this topic was created) and the car was harder to start and it would stall after it was first started it if the car wasn't given more gas. This was with the battery not being kept on a trickle-charger, Though. Speaking of which, Is there something that can cause excessive electrical use upon starting it? If it's not kept on a trickle-charger it's harder to start.

Also, This is a bit off-topic in hypermiling but how can the switch that turns on the dome light for the rear-right door be replaced? I tried removing it by un-screwing it but there isn't enough wire to pull it out far enough to replace it the way it is. Is it necessary to remove parts from the interior around the front-passenger's seat belt? I tried that too but there was something else in-between the wires and my hand.

Also on subject of the air-pollution reduction equipment, How can it be told if it needs to be replaced? The car is rather stinky upon start-up but is that due to the type of equipment used? Yes, The car is outside of an area with smog tests but it may not always be.

Question: 5w20 Full Synthetic Oil is already used in this car. Is an additive of aid such as the Lucas additive that makes oil even more slippery?

Last edited by 101Volts; 06-29-2014 at 07:03 PM..