View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #75 (permalink)
Ironside
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Imperial gallons? 102.5 mpgUS. Just a shade better than a stock PCX150.
Yup, as I said, disappointing. In my defence I will say that the motor is probably past its best, it is now 30 years old with an unknown history and by the looks of it has never been apart. Also I doubt whether the PCX would have kept up the speeds I was maintaining for much of the journey (the Honda 200 couldn't).

In retrospect, the Innova with FI would have been a better donor vehicle in many ways, and if the right donor shows up I may start again. A lot of hours have been put into achieving a comfortable and very useable tourer on a very small budget, with little effort as yet in making it economical.
For me, improving the economy would be the icing on the cake.

I'm not finished yet, after much searching, another motor has been located, and is being delivered this Friday. The plan is to rebuild it, and look into the feasability of fitting an Innova or similar fuel injector. At first glance it would seem to be fairly straightforward, as the all the electronic gubbings are incorporated into the unit, a fuel pump, lambda sensor, oil temparature and ignition input are the only external components needed (I think).

If anyone has any experience in this field, a little advice or guidance would be appreciated.

Onwards and upwards !
Ironside.