View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #57 (permalink)
vskid3
Master EcoModder

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
Little update, I've put just over 350 miles on the bike since converting it, riding it to work about 2/3rds of the time (it sucks to have to lock up a bike, so much easier to hop out of a car and hit the lock button). The rear tire got a flat while riding a couple weeks ago. Seems that the "high quality" rim had a rough spoke hole that caused a hole in the tube and blew part of the tire off the rim. Fortunately, someone in a truck gave me a ride home. I took the rim to the bike shop and had them smooth out the hole edges and retape it. The rear tire seemed to be wearing quick, so I put one of the old knobbies on the back to see how it would do. Its a little wider (2.1 vs 1.9) and I reduced the pressure in both tires to about 45PSI from ~60, my butt is much happier with this setup.

Got the wide angle lens for the light, it makes the light much more usable for riding fast at night.

The battery is still living in the backpack. I have a pretty good idea of where and how to mount it, but I still need to work out how I'll do the metal bending it'll require. My idea would place half of the battery on top of the lower tube and half on the bottom and be easy to remove.

Camry Thread
E-Bike Thread