View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #56 (permalink)
spyderbite9001
EcoModding Lurker

Vic - '08 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 32.43 mpg (US)

ZED - '11 Honda CR-Z EX
rpms at speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchow View Post
No service manuals out yet. You can buy the service manual that the dealers use, but that costs over $100.

In Wyoming (6000+ ft.) a month ago I noticed how much weaker the engine felt. Gas mileage was still good, despite revving it more to have similar acceleration compared to sea level altitude. Not changing the throttle position going up hills will slow you down, but won't make the engine inject more fuel. I always try to imagine the 50% gas pedal position is my practical 100% position, and anything beyond that is "emergency" or "freeway merging" power. That ususally changes my driving attitude quite a bit. Not sure how well that would work with a slush box.

On a different note: Compared the gear ratios of the gear boxes and final drives. They seem quite different, and I wondered what your revs in top gear are at a comparable speed, say 60 mph?
Hey guys, yeah, i plan on purchasing the service manual that the dealers use, heck, we just had my dads yukon xl worked on yesterday, its $108/hr for just the mechanic, if i save myself one stop to the dealer for work the book has payed for itself. (could you post the link to where to buy one)

in other news, my rpms at 60mph (assuming 5th gear, and level road) is roughly 1900 to 2000, its difficult to say exactly, i dont watch the tach for too long. at 65mph (same assumptions) roughly 2200. at 75mph (same assumptions) roughly 2500 rpm. of course these vary depending on grade and who i'm following (i love semi's) i plan on filling up the tank today to see how i'm doing with all the trix you guys have told me.