View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 12:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Say hello to the Black Mamba!

So I found this car on CL and I managed to get it, there was 4 familys there trying to haggle him down under 2k and I walked up and said "Enough games, 2k cash money right now, lets go" and he told everyone to have a good day and let me buy it LOL. (copied from my car buy thread). It's interior is actually in extremely good shape too, which surprised me.

Anyway, it has it's issues, as follows:
Car rear ended a truck and broke the headlight, was replaced but, extremely bad job and need to fix this.
Has a wing (ewww).
Electric mirror on the drivers side doesn't work.
It has a disgusting, loud ricer muffler on it, will be getting this removed soon.
And last but not least, something I need your guys help with, it's leaking oil, and I can't seem to figure out from where. I knew it was when I bought it, but the car made it up a 2 mile 6% grade so obviously it's nothing serious, it's just a leak. Any, and I mean ANY help on this would be greatly appreciated, I'm going to continue to drive the Green Goblin until I get this small issue fixed, but until then it stays parked.

Pics below of the car and the oil leak. It's just under the upper radiator hose.

From what I have read, the 3 main culprits would be a valve cover gasket, head gasket and distributor. If I'm wrong let me know but, yea. They are all 3 pretty easy to fix if memory serves me right.

Last edited by Baltothewolf; 06-20-2014 at 01:03 AM..