Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 06:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoSuperDuty??
EcoModding Lurker

The Truck - '00 Ford F-250 XLT

*undecided - '12 Honda CBR250R Non-ABS
Hello!

Hey Everybody Been a big fan of this site for a while now and as I am moving soon and will have a 40 mile round trip to and from work instead of a 6 mile round trip lol figured I would join in and see what I can do for some mpg

I have no tools, no experience and no desire to drill holes into my truck lol I'm not going to go nearly as far as any of you but a few extra mpgs will help me get my transport costs in budget. Thinking of making a tonneau cover out of plywood, adding a partial grill blocker and maybe a lowering kit, but I don't want anything that will mess with suspension linkages or anything else. So pretty much cheap and easy mods for now

I have a 2000 F-250 Supercab Superduty 7.3 turbo diesel, short bed, 2 wheel drive, automatic, previous owner did a bunch of deletes added a bigger turbo and exhaust which means it actually gets pretty decent mileage already. Right now I'm recording about 20mpg on average per fill up and am hoping after I move, as it is all highway to get 25mpg at least.

Think that covers my intro, so look forward to hearing from everyone