View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
Cool! How about some wheel farings? I'd check the wheel bearings also, they can be a drag of a different type. Neons those years have good power as long as they aren't the 3speed autos. I had a 98 Dohc 5 speed I custom ordered new. I wish I still had it as it was fun and had no problem getting 40. I see you are getting 50.
I have a sketch of what I'm wanting (using the template, once again), but it'll be a bit before I'm ready to build those. I also did check the wheels, they spin easily and freely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
What are you gonna do with the front of the trailer? What about a deflector, like a scaled-down version of the ones used in the cab of big-rigs, to be mounted in front of the cargo box?
I have that planned out, too. I will make a frame and force cover with coroplast or similar material. Ultimately, I'd like to make a door to it and keep a spare tire and maybe some bungee cords and such in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
It's looking good so far. Are you going to taper the boattail in plan?
Yeah, just like in my diagram in the OP, as well as doing a top-down view taper as well. I've got it planned out, just gotta find the time/motivation to get it done. Hoping to route out from my template today on some ply, but again, time... motivation... blah.

Thanks everybody for the kind comments. Hoping to have this thing at least street usable by this weekend. Tail lights are preventing me at this point, which means I need to get that tail section done!
The Following User Says Thank You to NoD~ For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-25-2014)