View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wolfwhistle
EcoModding Lurker

Stopped being a Lurker today... Hi, my name is Clint and I'm an aerohaulic

I thought of choosing a handle like "SlipperyBrick" But, it wouldn't be long before "Dumb-as-aBrick" would occur to someone. I have been reading and enjoying the creativity and just plain cool crap you guys can come up with. I might have found a new hobby! I have certainly found entertainment! The combined wealth of knowledge both learned and, if you will excuse the term, God given, I see here is pretty amazing. The best thing is how you guys and I assume gals, help each other and most of the time without fighting. Clearly, there is differences in opinions here. I haven't read every post (yet!) but wonder if anyone has considered this. What if you build a wide and close to the ground air dam, but rather it being solid and pushing air aside just behind the point of impact... right at the front, could we cut a very flat and wide hole, nearly inside wheel to inside wheel... a duct or collector if you will, that connects to a very flat and wide duct that extends to the rear of the vehicle? Essentially the dam would be a collector feeding a stream straightener. The smoothest full-length belly pan ever... could this air flow be directed into the nasty air behind a vehicle in some way (a way I wouldn't know how to do) and then be used lessen drag? I can see ground clearance and issue for some if not many vehicles. But, I am asking, could this work on others. Also, on any vehicle would it be possible to harness the 'unwanted' pressure and flow of air towards a wind powered generator while driving? It might not eliminate the need for an alternator / generator, but with an AC compressor type electric clutch on the Alternator, it could be kept turned off either automatically or manually when not needed, is it even feasible? The engine's power would not be taxed as much to generate DC. Thanks for letting me join and letting me do it for free... at least free to get started!!!