View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 02:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I enjoy driving the truck, just not filling the tank. One of the shops pulled a metal shard from the differential, but I do not have any idea about that. The guy put some dents in it and I hammered at the tailgate in order to make it operational. I set up an alert for tailgates on Craigslist, but the site shut down, and I figured out how to do that with a newsfeed, but so far everyone has wanted at least four hundred dollars, and it has probably been the wrong color.

Small claims court is an interesting idea, but he has failed to show up to court before, and I doubt that he is working. Not that he has a work ethic, but it is not likely that he has a job, living in a very isolated area, without a vehicle.

My parents' insurance agent said to use the dealer KBB price, which does not make any sense, since we are not dealers! Actually, she said N.A.D.A., but I doubt that matters as much as the private\dealer issue. Actually, KBB dealer is $8,246 and NADA was ten thousand or more. I guess that we might as well try, it just did not seem reasonable, but looking at F150s on Craigslist, 8-10k seems common!