View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Varn
Do more with less

OD - '05 Ford Econoline
90 day: 18.64 mpg (US)

Joetta - '86 Volkswagen Jetta Turbo Oil Burner
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.71 mpg (US)

Benzilla - '85 Mercedes Benz 300D
90 day: 28.08 mpg (US)
Where does food come from?

Yes, let me ask, Where does food come from? I hear nonsense.

Around here most farmers (who are nearly all Conservative) have at least one truck that has a diesel. Most are asked to pull their rated GRVW much of the time. Almost never see them in their big trucks unless they have a job to do. Yes many make lots of money or sometimes lose large amounts of money, no crime in that. They have millions of dollars of investment. Most have no use for something that isn't needed, (example smoke) a hallmark of being conservative.

Some trucks like this are inevitably sold in cities and suburbs. Havens for Progressive democrats. If you are in or near an urban area I would suggest that you smell your own armpits for political comrades. I went to the dentist once and the dental assistant was driving such a truck. Chrome dual shocks, jacked up a mile high. Not a spec of dirt.

About my only point of agreement is that you don't need a truck that makes oodles of smoke.

We all contribute to the mess to one degree or another, kind of the definition of being an ecomodder.

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe.

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed.”

Noah Webster, 1787