View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Varn
Do more with less

OD - '05 Ford Econoline
90 day: 18.64 mpg (US)

Joetta - '86 Volkswagen Jetta Turbo Oil Burner
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.71 mpg (US)

Benzilla - '85 Mercedes Benz 300D
90 day: 28.08 mpg (US)
So your profile says you are from earth, is that correct?
Be conservative, think conservatively. It is essential if you are to leave a small impact.

Most conservatives think "just leave me alone do your own thing". Most nonconservatives think that they know best. and want to not allow others to think or act differently than their proscribed definition of right. I am an old hippy and must allow you to believe what you want. Can you say that about me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Have to say that farmers in Missouri (?) must be different than the farmers/ranchers hereabouts. See them driving their big diesel pickups all the time, hardly ever with a load or pulling a trailer.

Well, there are conservatives and conservatives, you know. (Reagan's 'big tent' thing...) There are some types of 'conservative' who thrive on making unnecessary smoke & noise, just as there are some 'liberals' who love their big, noisy, chrome-covered guzzlers. In fact, that love seems almost independent of politics.

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe.

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed.”

Noah Webster, 1787