View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #157 (permalink)
ERTW
EcoModding Apprentice

Bu - '08 Chevrolet Malibu LS
90 day: 32.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
This is what I have for the Precept.Originally,GM claimed Cd 0.163 for this concept.

PS,my image is not in true-length.It's the only thing that I have which is close.
Thanks Aerohead. I see that number quoted most often. I read a web article, and for the life of me I can't find it again. It details the shape development. Iirc the wizards who designed the body only had FOUR hours in the wind tunnel. It started off around 0.15 and it crept up after adding body gaps and such. I recall the .17x figure.

3/4 views look cool. However, three orthographic views allows anyone to create an accurate 3D model. Precept photos are rare, and rarely helpful. I can't even find basic dimensions. I am very eager to look more closely at its shape...

Fwiw mercedes claims that their bionic car can potentially get down to 0.095. Isn't that the ideal land vehicle Cd?