View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

That million dollar prize was as much a hoax as the HHO scammers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
I don't have to build a rocket and fly it to the moon to know and say to others that it can be done.

It's quite simple: HHOers have been challenged time and time again to prove it works.

The proof has yet to arrive even though it is my understanding that a hefty prize was offered.

I don't have to go out to the garage and build a POS HHO system to add to the noise.
I approached them to test - on a dynamometer - a simple example of a working HHO system without the need to meet emissions certification, production quotas and 100k mileage warranties. It was a simple test of "does it increase fuel efficiency".

They banned me from further discussion and communication. It also turns out they did not have " a million dollars in cash" to payout to the winner. Basically, they made the "level of proof" so high as to be unreachable by anyone with common resources. Of course, HHO is so limited that a major manufacturer would produce it only if it was marketable, and then, they wouldn't mess with a piddly million dollar prize. Look at what happened with the Auto Xprize. The prize promoters know this and stacked the challenge against anyone less than a corporate funded entity.