View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zanderanger
EcoModding Lurker

Scangauge Compatibility 96 Ranger/B2300

Hi Im new here, Im looking to get a more fuel efficient vehicle but I need a pickup. There's a 1996 Mazda B2300 for sale that Im considering. I have a few questions. 1. I want to buy a Scangauge (or Ultragauge) but I saw that the 97 and 98 rangers are not compatible, however I didn't see anything specifically about the 96. I assume the Mazda B2300 would be the same. That doesn't make sense to me, why would it be compatible the first year and then not the next 2 years? Is that true, has anyone experienced this that has a ranger or b2300. 2. Are there any major advantages for the scangauge as opposed to the ultragauge? I know the ultragauge is way cheaper and Ive read through the threads but didnt come to any solid conclusion. 3. Kind of off topic, but this B2300 Im looking at has 193K miles. Im sure the mpgs wouldnt be quite as good as say a 100K mile example but I was wondering how much difference would there be? Thanks for reading my long winded post, I have a lot of questions and Im happy I found this site, you guys have probably forgotten more than Ill ever know. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Alex