View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Arragonis -- It's good to see you around. Had you seen this:Why Britain Has The Best Wall Sockets On Earth | Co.Design | business + design

My respect is even greater, knowing you're in possession of an MGB GT. My roomate in college had the MGA coupe. I'm letting go of the '61 VW panel van I've owned since 1978.

jamesqf -- Are you seeing what I'm seeing?

The Manx body on a full length, unshortened frame would lay out about like this (the ermini seiottosei). A front air dam, lengthened side sill and rear fenders and the Superbeetle windshield and you're about there. The original sill could becomes a door jamb under a butterfly door that raises the window line (since you don't need to step over) and contours iinto a new rear fender and valance.

Power could be anywhere from 36hp hanging off the rear to 4 inwheel 100hp electric motors and a massive battery amidships.

Edit: Here's another view:

Just so I can say—today I sat in a 2015 Golf. Those are the seats you want in this. As for that big engine bay the race car has? I'd want a little pickup box at the center of mass rotation, with a varnish wood floor and metal runners. And the boxer motor bringing up the rear, but with the exhaust run forward and up to tips in the sail panels, like the Porsche 918.

Last edited by freebeard; 07-12-2014 at 07:11 PM..