View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
francis69
EcoModding Lurker

Hi Metro, Yep, already bought the unit. Maybe it is my impatience getting the better of me! Am already thankful for the code reader to let me know if any probs with car etc and the money this alone it will save.

JCP, What are PIDS and fuel trim levels??? Please remember, am at novice level when it comes to using SG2! Have had to rely on pen, paper and calculator until now!

Finally, I emailed SG direct and they replied:

The ScanGauge will convert the fuel economy data from gallons to liters but the tank size will not convert. You cannot enter the tank size in liters and have the data report in gallons. You will have to set it the ScanGauge to either liters or gallons. We recommend that you round down if the tank size is not a whole number. The ScanGaugeII uses Gallons as a unit label, not a unit of measurement. Because of this, it can read in either US or Imperial Gallons without conversion. Make sure all units entered into the ScanGaugeII are consistent, and the readings should remain accurate for US or Imperial Gallons.

So it is upto me whether to set fuel tank at 10 gallons (exact would be 9.7) or round down to 9 gallons, but both of which would give false economy readings...wouldn't they!?