View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
SpmP
EcoModding Lurker

Yet another Charger - ESP120

Good day all,
I am working on a charger based on the ESP120 3kW PSU, in my configuration (28cells) I am using two in series. But there is no reason not to go to eight in series.
The beauty of the ESP120 is that you can get them for $US20 delivered each! Unless you are somewhere far away, in which case shipping is $160...
There has already been really good research done on these by a german crew who have produced an analogue controller, which is probably already very awesome, for eu75.
I cannot post links yet, as I am not a 3l1t3 enough modder, but search hp_3kw_netzteil_als_lader_hp_3kw_netzteil_als_lade r
Its all there including I2C spec!

Anyway, the circuit I propose is very very simple, some of the bits are a tad expensive (60A Schottky for example), but all in all it should be a very easy and cheap build.

So, comments please before I begin ordering 8)

Jackbauer, if applicable, could I start with the firmware from your charger (assuming atmel and C) please. I suck at LCD's, and was going to use serial mostly 8)

I like I2C, so will be mostly I2C, especially as the PSU's can be turned on with I2C and will tell me their current usage 8)

I have seen a few different approaches to charging LiFePO4's, what are the opinion of the forum members here on the best life preserving cycle is. My batteries are Sinopoly, with a miserly datasheet, stating 3.6V charge. The supplier claims 3.65V charge. Recommend to charge at 0.3C(30A for 100Ah cells).

Questions questions 8)

There are many more imagers should anyone want them of the supplies.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Proposed-Circuit.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	15385