View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #6688 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
(note: This may be an area that bugs are discovered. I didn't debug this part much)
I don't think I have keystrokes being echoed to the screen, so if you type commands, it may not show up on the realterm screen. I need to fix that. But flores just entered the command in a little box, which I think takes care of the issue. I've never noticed that little box before.

If you hit enter with the serial connected, it tells you what firmware version it is.

If you type "config", it shows a list of the programmable variables, and what their current values are.

"save": saves the current values to EEProm, so it will still be there after turning it off.

Example of adjusting the zero throttle point for JEDSMD and the MAX throttle point for others:

t-min-rc 440
save

Example of adjusting the MAX throttle point for jedsmd and ZERO throttle point for others:

t-max-rc 683
save

Adjusting current ramp rate. (Oh crap, I haven't made it so foot off pedal has large ramp rate no matter what. I would leave it set to 16384 (the default) at the moment, until we make "foot off pedal" ramp rate to be 16384 no matter what c-rr is set to):

c-rr 16384
save

If you want to see live streaming values of feedback, you would do something like this (a new set of values every 1000 millisec, also known as every second. haha):

rtd-period 1000

To change the time to 4.6 seconds before the contactor closes (this is only useful if you are precharging during the 4.6 seconds. If you just have the capacitors charged all the time, you could set it to something NONZERO but small, like 1. if it's set to 0, it's disabled, and I think it won't close the contactor. I'll have to doublecheck that though):

pc-time 46
save

To change the max motor amps ***PER IGBT*** (in this example, the total max motor amps would be 267*3 = 801. I need to fix that.):

mot-amps-lim 267
save

There are others, but this is a start.

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 07-16-2014 at 02:40 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to MPaulHolmes For This Useful Post:
jedsmd (07-17-2014)