View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 02:33 AM   #35 (permalink)
figit090
EcoModding Lurker

Black Bovine - '86 Toyota Supra N/A base
90 day: 16.86 mpg (US)

Grey Sandy - '03 Toyota Rav4 Sport Package
90 day: 21.3 mpg (US)

Panda - '03 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon GLS
90 day: 44.17 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFZO View Post
Pay for and run a carfax! It's the best recommendation I can give anyone. I know they seem expensive, but they save you a headache and much more money down the road. Plus you can tell when an owner is lying to you once you have the history of the car.

When I went on the hunt for a VX, I spent almost $200 for carfaxes, I bought 5 at a time, and ran every car I had interest in. I now own a minty VX!! Well worth every dime I paid carfax.

My $.02 anyway. Good luck!

ZO.
Thanks! I will probably do that, and whatever other auto registry there is (autocheck and someother one). I always forget that.

I can however say with certainty that carfax will not reveal all, but it does help. My car has a clean title and I know for a fact it's been a horrible accident, so lesson learned there would be to check under carpets when allowed, and look for asymmetrical steel. Mine has folds under the rear seat but the chassis looked ok on a lift. go figure.
It was my first car and will be retired to a racecar/track car in the future.

I believe in efficiency with enjoyment. Trying to get economy without sacrificing comfort. It's working!