View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
YolandaTheHonda
EcoModding Lurker

Amethyst - '98 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 38.52 mpg (US)
Looking for 50+mpg from '02 Honda Accord Coupe

Hello,
I just recently graduated from high school and have been accepted to college. But I have differed from college so that I will be attending next fall semester as opposed to this fall. I am taking this year to go backpacking/survival camping across the country driving from wilderness area to wilderness area with the ultimate goal of reaching Alaska next summer. My hope is to make my current car as fuel efficient as possible to keep my fuel costs down to stretch my funding as far as possible. My father is a small business owner as a professional model maker with 30+ years of machining experience. He has any equipment we should need to aeromod my car including experience with carbon fiber and fiberglass. I'm looking to get the best mpg with minimal investment. Once I get to a point I'm certain I will have a diminishing return on investment and at that point I will conclude my aeromods. thanks for laboring through my first and very long post. any direction you could give would be much appreciated.

-Scott