View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #316 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Yeah, but unless you were going to pay a lot more, you ran the risk of that "something else" having as costly a set cars?of issues, maybe worse. I think it's best to stick with a machine, get to know it, put it in order so it can be reliable. You've done that with style and now you have this funky kickin' eco-rat-rod. It's all good.

You've seen the "donkey crx" and the ecotex cars?
Yes, that's where I'm at right now. I've figured out and fixed most issues with the car. I'm honored that you think it looks like some sort of neo-rat rod, because to me it looks like I should have spent a little more on the initial outlay. Now my fab guy has been suggesting new rear quarter panels, which would allow me to paint it something other than that wretched red, but I don't think it's worth the money on such a crappy car.

Some searching told me that the Donkey CRX is aerohead's old testbed. Do you have a good link on it? I don't see anything on Ecotex.

I'm hoping I'll get some time this week or weekend to mess around with making actual wheel skirts for this thing. It's been long enough and I need to just do it. I'm so close to getting 50mpg on normal highway trips.