View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #319 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
I'll let the kids make their own wheel covers. The experimentation and creativity are just as important as the mpg's. With public schools cutting art programs, maybe wheel covers will get people to start thinking creatively. STEM programs are important, but we still need people to design the things the others will be engineering. Design is not just pretty pictures; it also encompasses figuring out how to make things work.

Or, as my grandpa might say, it's good for ya!

Anyway, I peeked behind the rocker trim today and the drivers side is very rusty. I think I may as well screw the skirts directly into the fenders. As long as they come off easy for tire changes I don't really care anymore. This thing may need a frame swap in the next five years.

I went to drive my truck to the employee car show at work today but I think the starter solenoid went bad. Decided to throw the bikes into Ren instead and got the commuter bike fixed at the shoppe after work. Now I can actually do errands by bike again! No more relying on the 63 for daily transport.

Last edited by Sven7; 07-23-2014 at 07:35 PM..