View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #187 (permalink)
ECONORAM
halos.com

ECONORAM - '07 Dodge RAM 1500 QC SLT flex-fuel
90 day: 18.16 mpg (US)

the Avenger - '08 Dodge Avenger SXT
90 day: 27.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I could understand that it would do that, but won't doing so produce a lot of downforce? How would it interact with the rest of the car? I would imagine with more air going over the car from the nose, that the back end matters even more. True or a mistake? What do you think?
This might be akin to the bulb nose you see on the front of ships. The bulb that sticks out starts the water moving to avoid the ship and reduces drag (I'm paraphrasing, of course, but I think that's the jist of it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlvs2run View Post
Basjoos, what is your opinion on this? I'm planning to have the same type of nose as Aerohead & The donkey CRX. I'm thinking to cut the plastic at 7 or 8 inches from the ground, but wondering if 6 inches would be better.
I tried using a lowered air dam on my truck and it didn't help. My guess is because of the additional frontal area, but I don't know. What I do now is I have a splitter that protrudes about two inches, then the belly panel descends maybe an inch lower as it travels back about a foot then stays level... I have a picture in my garage that might help clarify.

@ The Donkey; nice work. My mule won't reach those numbers, and I'm paranoid about drilling holes in it...but I do see a couple of ideas to pursue. Thanks for sharing. [edit] I didn't think of using adhesive vinyl. Nice application. I use 0.100" LEXAN sheet and double-sided velcro for wheel covers. 550 cord also works to hold them on. [edit] It occurred to me I should add a picture. This one shows a wheel cover w/550 cord, front splitter, belly panel sloping down to cover front suspension, and side skirt behind the nerf bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LEXAN_cover2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	15724  

Last edited by ECONORAM; 09-03-2014 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: Edit 1--thanks. Edit 2--added picture.
The Following User Says Thank You to ECONORAM For This Useful Post:
The donkey CRX (07-25-2014)