View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
BobS
diesel doer

Hi, guys. Thanks for all the feedback, keeps me moving away from ignorance. Backpacker 3, it was my understanding that biodiesel was available at truckstops. Shows what I know.
One of the options that your information suggested was to get a 4 door Suzuki Sidekick and put a VW diesel in it. VW cars break down too often for my purposes but have good engines.
Elhigh, you are right. Jeff Kerr of Acme is fighting an uphill image problem. The trailer with side extensions folded would only be 4' wide and with a 10" bed depth. That should hide behind all but the smallest cars. Also, my computer is running antivirus software and I cannot get it to allow your message thru. But ecomodders are doers and when the test equipment is just on the other side of the door but remains unused, I find it difficult to ascribe a positive reason for the behavior.
Redneck, I have had 3 more with the same results so seems I am stuck here. So I changed my diet, went out and flipped a house, turning 4378 into 39900 and am ready to blow some. Your motorhome analysis is spot on and is probably what I will do. Thanks.