View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Laptop cooling pad provides too much air?!

For a while now, my laptop has been grinding to a halt, but after one to three minutes, everything is fine. It always seemed like it was after I shifted my legs.

This is, after all, a laptop. It sits in my lap!

It just does not like my lap. I need to get a wifi-enabled dog, apparently.

I took my laptop to the nearest computer repair store and the manager insisted my external fan was giving my laptop too much air and then said that I looked at him like an idiot. He kept trying to talk about the fan, while one or two friends told me it sounded like my hard drive was anticipating a fall and parking the read heads. I told him that if I tilted my computer, you heard a grinding sound, and everything slowed down for a while, but was fine again afterward. He kept talking about the fan, I asked if he would check out my hard drive for me, and he said "I will do anything you want me to, but I don't think you do, because you don't think that I know anything."

Too much air?! I really want to turn my yard blower on my computer for a while, just to show that it is fine.

Too much air, my laptop still gets hot.

Last edited by Xist; 07-30-2014 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: Added "I took my laptop to the nearest computer repair store and the manager"