View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
BobS
diesel doer

backpacker3 - Wikipedia says boxer diesels were only sold in Europe. Can you get one?
sarguy01 - that Civic sounds great but could it make it over the Rockies with a trailer?
varn - no insult intended. My daughter is my main influence and would kill me if I bought a VW. But I was exploring the TDI forum the other day and one poster stated that his repair bills kept climbing each month so he sold his VW and bought a ricer. I think that VWs fall into two groups. They have no problems at all or constant problems. PS I also appreciate Ayn Rand.
kgwedi - when you are moving around, hit a town with a Goodwill. I worked at one and believe me, when your expenses are low, $8 per hour does add up. Or a Walmart and be a greeter. Walmarts allow you to park an RV overnite free. Or locate near a medical school and you can work as a "standard patient" for $15 or more an hour and all you need to do is answer a med student's questions from a memorized script. You play such vital roles as a man with a cough and let them diagnose you. Got this off o women's magazine. Actually sounds fun. And once I learn how to pm, I can tell you how to get a house for $500-1500.