View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 08:32 AM   #6755 (permalink)
Astro
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
What does that mean?
Flores, correct me if i am wrong.

If the raspberryPi is setup as a wifi access point then any wifi enabled device(s) should be able to connect to it, tablets, smartphones, laptop etc.
Those devices should then be able to bring up the controllers web page as created and provided by raspberryPi.
So any features/displays that flores adds to the web page will be available to any of those devices.

The raspberryPi talks to the controller, gathers all the data.
Then builds web pages and sends them to connected devices when they request them.

Flores, will the data be logged somewhere, like maybe a mysql database. If it was then that would make it quite easy to add realtime graphs, charts and gauges to the web page. As well as providing loads of data for later analysis when we aren't actually driving the car.
The raspberryPi uses so little power that it could probably be left running (at least during recharging) so that you could connect to it from the PC in the study and check out all the data.

This sounds like a great addition to the controller project, it takes care of providing a user friendly interface for setup and display. It may also provide the ability to log the data so that we can all compare car performance/efficiency.

"Yes, yes, if you would all look at the chart you can see where i really gave it some welly and generated a quite lovely burnout for Paul to enjoy."

Of course once you add a raspberryPi to your car then you open up a plethora (love that word) of possibilities. Serving up web pages and doing some serial comms would hardly make a dent in the available computing power of the raspberryPi.
Do a google on "raspberry pi carputer" to see some of the additional things you can get the Pi to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Astro For This Useful Post:
flores (07-31-2014)