View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
silvermazda
EcoModding Lurker

Miata - '00 Mazda Miata
90 day: 27.57 mpg (US)

Celica - '91 Toyota Celica GT
90 day: 18.1 mpg (US)
Thanks, I've been using a mtxl for the last 2yrs and if the aftermarket ecu wouldve worked..I'd have a different story to tell.

Yes its a narrow band. When I only installed the wideband and needed the car the ecu picked up on it and set a factory preset map. I'm guessing I can trick a sensor with a resistor or rheostat to adjust to my liking. If I were to use the narrow band output on it it would set a code. I hope keeping it dumb or without signal would allow me to go as down as 18/20:1 as there is less power down there, hopefully I could run more open throttle (reducing pumping losses), and reducing heat as there's less gas to burn hence less heat to burn valve. On the cat temp/ect you're right; a leaner burn will burn slower and maybe peak temps will be seen at the cat, but then my cat is 15yrs old and barely passed emissions, so as I see it I will be trying mods with this and the next one will have a happier life once I got decent figures/values dialed up. (might have to find a lean burn cat off a insight)