View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #108 (permalink)
dustyfirewalker
EcoModding Lurker

i am considering the benefits of using a draw through turbo set up.
the q jet could just get a fat set of secondaries and that would be most of the carb tuning its has great partial throttle response right now.
i have wanted a heat exchanger and a rise to ensure vapor is whats being burned, hopefully the intense heating in the bottom ensures oils and various other flammable liquids are vaporized and then combusted.
i can just imagine what a 100k rpm turbine could do to a fuel air mixture.
because the turbo sucks on the carb, carb icing is possible, thats the coolant heat exchange and air preheat
the turbo sucking on the carb also means running a carbon seal on the compressor turbine.
in my intended uses i think i would be better suited with a fast spool up and max boost at 7-9 psi, while only ever using 5 max. a large waste gate is needed.
since I'm talking about a boosted engine with milled heads and zero decked block and trying to run god knows what i try to test in the fuel tank, i think a water injection kit with variable boost and exhaust gas temp / wideband O2 is needed.
smokey said he could run 87 octane, i figure since i don't know if he was running a low CR or his camshaft selection,thats why I'm planning on water injection.

I'm still weighing all the possibilities. worst case i wind up with a e85/pumpgas 400-500 horses and same/worse mpg. I'm really shooting for ensuring anything the carb spits into the intake will be a flammable vapor. so I'm looking at compressor maps and price quoting the whole deal. water injection with heavy oil fuels reminds me of articles about the old rumely oil pull tractor engines. its been done with kerosene and tvo

again my computer is still broke, I'm going to work on the truck all day tmrw so might have some better pics.

anybody know the best shape for a soft top on a bronco? i imagine it looks similar to what one people here have done to pickups..

take it easy