Thread: My New Eco-Ride
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 01:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Nice find!

Well, you don't find things so much as feign surprise when they drop in your lap. Eh?

Those are factory wheels? They look almost MR2-ish.
Ouch! Dang man, 15 years plus of 3 auctions a week plus working at the biggest one around here for a decade - trust me it ain't stuff falling into my my lap ha ha. The ironic thing is I drive around a lot out into the sticks looking for the things that pay the bills, but the really cool eco stuff always just ends up at the auctions. I tell people "I will take any 2006 and newer half ton crew cab pickup you have!! And *cough cough any old Hondas*." But they are car dealers/wholesalers, so they only call me on the stuff that's worth something, which would be a truck. The Del Sol came from a dealer that I know, but he didn't call me on it. I had to buy it at the auction and pay fees on it. And so did he for selling it to me. But around here nobody wants that stuff, so if your job is to deal with all the trade ins your dealership gets, you don't waste your time with old Hondas, you just send them to the auction. And then I buy them. And they sit until I find a home for them ha ha

Edit - yep those are factory wheels. Nearly new tires on them too. I don't know how to tell an Si from a base model in Del Sols. It doesn't have an Si decal on the trunk lid, but that doesn't mean anything. It does have a 1.6L in it, so that would make me think it's an Si, but maybe SOD or some other Honda guru can tell me how to know what it is I bought!

Last edited by War_Wagon; 08-08-2014 at 01:39 AM..