View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
NothingFace
EcoModding Lurker

Citroen AX 1.5d - '93 Citroen AX
Diesel
90 day: 61.42 mpg (US)
Citroen AX Diesel from Portugal

Hello my name is Joćo an I am from Barreiro in Portugal (near Lisbon).
I'm 18 years old and a Mechanical Engineering Student, i've been looking at the forum and there are some great ideas here.

This is my first car a 1993 Citroen AX 14TRD but the 1.4d engine was swaped for a 1.5d from a Saxo, the 1.4d is a bit more economical but it goes through head gaskets like crazy.

155/70R13 tyres, Light Steering so no assist is really needed, no AC but electric windows very confortable, I've put on some nice Sony Speakers and Blaupunkt Radio so really has all you need.

The combined anounced MPG is 52 MPG(US) but I don't buy it, even though i've been thrashing it I've been able to get 56 MPG (US) and this includes 10 to 20 minutes of stop and go traffic heading to Lisbon at the entrance of the 25 Abril Bridge. All this stock and at 32 PSI wich is the recomended tyre preasure.

The car has the original 1.4d intake manifold but I'm not really shure what are the effects of this but the car also feels preety fast when you put your foot down, it is the VJZ engine with 58PS

I'm planning to make a small Kammback like the Citroen AX Eco concept, and maybe some wheel covers on the back, not shure if I can put some flat trim on the alloy wheels what do you think ?

Last edited by NothingFace; 08-08-2014 at 02:19 PM..