View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 11:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Long time no update in this topic.

The box has been behaving better since redoing the adaption process but still has occasions where the changes seem quite harsh. Case in point this week during our round UK tour after 2-3 hours of cruising in 6th the changes down after that seemed very harsh for a while and then eased up. Changes up were as smooth as ever.

Been doing some reading and found this about changing fluid - I did mine at 81K. It could cause problems maybe :

Quote:
The reason for this is your old fluid is thicker, and as a result helps seal all the stuff that's worn out inside the transmission. Take that thick fluid away and put in new thinner fluid, and it slips past all the areas the old fluid was sealing. Once this happens, the transmission can no longer function as it used to.
I also wonder about the torque converter clutch - I wonder if when hot after a long cruise it doesn't disengage all that well so the trans remains locked for a split second in other gears. I also wonder if this clutch remains stuck on for a short while when starting from cold.

There are no error codes, no fluid leaks anywhere so not sure what else to try.

Again ideas welcome.