View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Best used standard FR for under 5k?

Hello all.

I am working on selling an Insight (one of two), and thought about something. Both of my Insights are just too beautiful to destroy. As in, full permanent boat tail, mirrors shaved, front wheel skirts.

So I will be putting both up for sale, and if I get what I am looking for I will be buying something else. I have high standards, but a lot of options.

Specifically, I want...
Rear wheel drive.
Engine placement can be anywhere.
Standard transmission, automatics are UNACCEPTABLE.
I would prefer a luxury vehicle.

Now the rear wheel drive CAN be compromised under a couple of rare circumstances. For example, I found a MX3. For 1k. That is challenging to pass up. Under rare circumstances, I could see it. I will be most likely removing the trunk, most of the dash, the mirrors, the rear seats, most of the interior.

Currently, I am thinking a 3/5 series is my best bet for finding, or a Mercedes C300, but the CTS is a close third. I want an IS the most, but since less than 1% are standard, and finding one in running condition will be near impossible, I don't see this happening- same as a Lincoln LS. A Ranger will be a bad place to start, as would an S10, but not out of the question. Some older Camaros show up, too. I don't want another Mustang, I dislike the pre 2011s.

Any and all feedback is welcome. I have a reliable car- and I have enjoyed high MPG cars. Now I want a fun and tad classy car I can turn into a mile eater. Higher miles don't bother me, neither do the repairs that come with it, for the right price. I know you all will have great words of wisdom, and with suggestions will come feedback on common issues to look for. Thank you in advance!

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.