View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #34 (permalink)
roosterk0031
Master EcoModder

Myself the last place I'd look for gains is in the tune. OEM does a pretty good job IMO there, I'd attach everything else first, first reliablity, then reliablity, then good tires, then add a 1.5" lift but that won't help mpg wise, but it would help in the snow and looks good, then a winch.

I love quiet, if the exhaust is shot, I'd just replace it a the local muffler shop with about same as stock size and call it good, unless I could buy online cheaper, big pipe only helps at big rpm, normal driving doesn't need it.

I'm watching for a Tracker/Vitara but most of the newer ones around here (03 or 04) are v6, don't need a v6. The 2.0 4x4 5 spd 2 door hard top would be ideal, but rare, I'll settle for 2 door rag or 4 door if the price is right. My almost 15 yo already has 3 months driving under his belt, so for the 4 miles to school and back he'll make do fine with the Stratus just like his older sisters did (mom's at school also so can alway leave his car there) it really would be for me for weekends & just allows me to sell/junk the Stratus. Dragging deer out last winter sucked.

What kind of sucks is I can find similar year Explorers for almost 1/2 the price of a Tracker, with better interiors, probably better maintained, better everything, but mpg. But if I get something too nice my wife will want to drive it and not let me put dead things in back.